Thursday, April 4, 2013

Final Year Student


Hi everyone,

At Coventry University there are four faculties – Business, Environment and Society, Engineering and Computing, Art and Design and Health and Life Sciences. I have friends studying in every single faculty and from what I’ve heard they are all really good. I personally study Advertising and Media and I’m in the Art and Design Faculty.

As part of my course I had the option to either write a dissertation or do a final project, I picked the second one. For my project I had to produce several adverts for clients, which is why I started an internship at an advertising agency. Working there helped me learn a lot and supported my studies. My latest experience was with the Coventry University Degree Show 2013. During the show, students from the Art and Design faculty will exhibit their work, take part in catwalk shows, screenings and presenting comprehensive exhibitions at the University. Some students even get employed after it, as people from the industries take an interest in visiting the shows to find talented new employees.

To promote this years’ Degree Show we organised a Flash Mob in Coventry city centre. As the theme was pinball, there was a silver ball that you had to launch to play, but instead of the video game there were girls from Coventry City Derby Dolls who rolled with the ball. It was a really interesting way for me to learn how to attract people’s attention and create awareness from an unusual stunt.  The ‘Human Pinball’ was mentioned in several papers and radio stations afterwards. The video of the day has now gone viral and you can watch it (or even share it to support us :P) here:



Speak to you soon!
Mira
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment