Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Finishing University

Hey guys!

I have just finished University and I’m graduating with a first class degree! You cannot imagine how happy I am and just can’t wait for my Graduation ceremony in November! It turns out that my hard work and dedication have finally paid off! I am not only excited because it is the highest degree you can get but because I am an international student. English is my second language and achieving more than some native speakers makes me proud.

This degree will definitely open more opportunities in the future. Don’t get me wrong, education is not the only thing you need to get a good job after you graduate, you need experience as well.  As I may have mentioned before, after my first year I started working in the University. I was part of the Marketing Team and my main responsibility was taking care of the Social Media presence. My responsibilities constantly increased, but instead of overwhelming, it was exciting.  The job was relevant to my degree and gave me experience that would be useful in the future. And vise-versa, from my course I gained knowledge and skills that helped me with finding the job.

During my third year I got an internship in an advertising agency, called MJD Consultancy. I based my final media project on my experience there and built a portfolio. Right after I finished my studies I was employed by the University and already have two more jobs on offer! 

Working and studying at the same time is not easy but is manageable if you are a hard worker and know what your goals are! So don’t you ever use the fact that you are an International student as an excuse for not doing so well - if I can do it, you can do it too J

Mira
Xx

Little surprise from my collegues, which I found on my desk J

No comments:

Post a Comment