Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Why I chose Coventry?

Raised in Arabic culture and Muslim country, I found Coventry to be an ancient city that respects all religions and backgrounds.

I chose to study at Coventry University for several reasons.

First, while researching courses I found that Accounting and Finance is a very well structured programme featuring a wide variety of modules. These not only provided an extensive coverage of Accounting and Finance, but also an exposure to concepts in Business Strategy, Management Decision Making and Business Economics.

Second, the University has a reputation for having an excellent business school which was recently ranked the 12th top UK university for Accountancy and Finance studies.

Thirdly, the profile of the teaching staff seemed very impressive, they were highly experienced and qualified, and therein most of them had several research publications. I wanted to ensure that I study at institution with leading academics such as Paul Gower, Graham Sadler, Karl Shutes and Philip McCosker. 

Finally, Coventry is a very beautiful and peaceful place, and the university contains different nationalities which make it a multicultural city.

When I first landed in the UK, one of the many thoughts running through my mind was ‘how will I cope with this culture?’  I assumed that coming from Jordan would be a big challenge for me. However, to my surprise everyone was very friendly and welcoming and they made me feel at home.

The city of Coventry itself is located in the heart of England, and therefore a good central location with good transport links.  The university campus is situated in the city centre, which made it ideal for me as everything that I needed was within short walking distance.  As well as being a vibrant place, it also has a quiet aura which is a great for studying time.


Mohammad Oqeili
BA Accounting and Finance


No comments:

Post a Comment